Four seasons, a dozen apple trees, one life


I've always played the role she needed filled.

I was a stranger when we met. I was a friend, a companion, a girlfriend. I was a teacher when she got a promotion. I was a lover when she was lonely. I was available when she was anxious. I was a date when she wanted Italian for dinner. I was just another person at the end. Now I don't matter.

How is a kite supposed to fly without wind? How is a fish supposed to swim in a mud puddle? How are the birds expected to not explore the boundaries of our atmosphere while they're up there? How am I supposed to be a person who has been everything and doesn't matter anymore?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Materialistically Satisfied, never satiated.

Our generation holds themselves higher than our parents' held the bible.

Lover's Lane